Date(s) - 19/03/2020 - 26/03/2020
7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Category: Knitting for Improvers
Week 1: March 19th Week 2: March 26th
If you are confident knitting using 2 straight needles, then maybe you would like to try knitting in the round? This is a great technique for knitting items like hats and cowls which can knitted in one piece without the need for a seam.
You can use either circular needles or double pointed needles depending on the size of the piece you are working on. In this course you will use both!
In this 2 part course you will learn everything you need to know for knitting in the round and with your Kit you will have everything you need to take away to complete your hat.
- You will learn how to cast on using Long Tail Cast On technique.
- Joining your knitting in the round.
- Knitting a double rib.
- Transfer from circular needles to DPNs (double pointed needles).
- Work on decreasing the stitches for shaping the crown.
- If there is time we will also make an optional Pom-pom for your hat.
~ Hat Kit: 1 x 100 gms Aran, Size 5 (40 inch) circular needles, Set of 5 DPNs (size 5), pattern.
Cost for 2 x 2 hour class: £65
(includes Hat Kit, refreshments & homemade cake)
Of course if you would prefer to bring your own yarn and materials just choose the option when booking.