As a child, my Grandma Mary taught me how to crochet. Using intricate crochet stitches she made the most exquisite lacework but also showed me with just a few simple stitches how to make these Sunburst ‘Granny’ squares.
Mary’s Cushion Kit
I have put together a a complete Mary’s Cushion Kit which has everything you need….I have also included one of my favourite cake recipes for you to make and enjoy.
This pattern uses just 3 simple crochet stitches, slip stitch, dc (double crochet) and tr (treble crochet) and is a perfect project for improving Beginner Crochet techniques.
The PDF pattern takes you through each stage step-by-step,
- How to make each square with a colour plan.
- How to ‘block’ your completed squares.
- How to sew your squares together.
- Adding a border to frame your squares.
- Sewing the front and back together to complete your cushion cover.
I have also added links to my videos showing you how to work each round as well as some additional Top Tips Tutorials using some new techniques you may not have tried before, which you can watch in your own time and work through at your own pace.
This design is made up of a total of 18 squares using 5 different coloured yarns worked in different combinations. I have put together 2 contrasting colour palettes, Light and Dark to make this retro-style cushion cover.
For pretty, ‘candy-box’ colours choose Light,
for more drama and impact choose Dark.
Mary Cushion Kit : £40 (includes UK p&p)
I have chosen a lovely wool-mix DK weight yarn for this project by Sirdar, the popular UK brand established in Yorkshire 1880 and a household name in the knitting and crochet world.
- 5 x 50 gm balls of Sirdar Country Classic DK
- size 4 crochet hook
- microfibre filled cushion pad, 30 cms x 30 cms
- darning needle
- PDF pattern and cake recipe.My Project Kits provide you with everything you need, individually packed and wrapped up in a recyclable bag ready to post to you.
After purchase, you will receive an email with a direct download link to enable you to access your pattern straight away.
Mary’s Kit – Light £40