Welcome to my KAL (Knit-along) Patchwork Cushion project.
For this pattern I have incorporated 3 three different stitch designs, Mock Cable, Trellis & Honeycomb.
- Over the next 3 weeks, I will be adding each pattern to my website along with mini videos showing you how to make each square.
- With a total of nine squares to knit, I will explain how to lay them out ready to be sewn together to make the front of your cushion cover.
- Finally, I will explain how to block your finished knitted piece and sew your backing fabric to complete your cushion.
Week 1 ~ Mock Cable Square
What you need:
- Aran weight yarn, e.g Drops Big Merino
- Size 5mm knitting needles
- Darning needle
wyib with yarn in back
psso pass sl st over
yrn yarn round needle
RS right side
WS wrong side
What to do:
Make 4 squares (size approx. 12.5cms x 12.5cms each square)
N.B with this pattern the odd numbered rows are right-side facing (RS). The right side (RS) facing is always having the “tail” on the left-hand side of your work.
Cast on 23 sts
Rows 1-4: Knit (garter st)
Mock Cable pattern ~
Row 5 (RS): K3, *p2, k3; repeat from * twice more, p2, k3.
Row 6 (WS): K3, *k2, p3; repeat from * twice more, k5.
Row 7 (RS): K3, *p2, wyib sl 1, k2, psso; repeat from * twice more, p2, k3.
Row 8 (WS): K3, *k2, p1, yrn, p1; repeat from * twice more, k5
Repeat from Rows 5 – 8 five more times.
Row 29 (RS) Knit
Rows 30-33: Knit (garter st)
Row 34 (WS): Cast off.