Date(s) - 24/04/2021
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Category: Crochet for Beginners
If you have just started to crochet, then Mary’s Cushion is a perfect beginners project. It uses just 3 simple crochet stitches, slip stitch, dc (double crochet) and tr (treble crochet) for making this pretty retro-style Granny Square cushion.
Zoom Session £30
(includes complete Mary’s Cushion PDF pattern + links to my video tutorials)
In this 2 hour Zoom session, I will take you through each stage of the pattern step-by-step.
- How to read and follow the crochet pattern.
- Demonstrate how to crochet a complete square.
- How to ‘block’ your squares & sew them together.
- How to add a simple border to complete your squares.
- Finally how to sew the front and back together to complete your cushion cover.
These stitches and techniques can be found in other ‘Granny Square’ designs so this workshop will be giving you a great foundation for beginning any new projects and developing your beginner crochet skills.
Mary Cushion Kit : £40 (includes UK p&p)
This design is made up of a total of 18 squares using 5 different coloured yarns worked in different combinations. I have chosen a lovely wool-mix DK weight yarn by Sirdar, the popular UK brand established in Yorkshire 1880.
Kit includes –
- 5 x 50 gm balls of Sirdar Country Classic DK
- size 4 crochet hook
- choice of feather or microfibre filled cushion pad, 30 cms x 30 cms
- darning needle
- complete Mary’s Cushion PDF pattern + links to my video tutorials
- one of my favourite cake recipes to enjoy!
I have put together 2 contrasting colour palettes, Light and Dark.
For pretty, ‘candy-box’ colours choose Light,
Or choose Dark for more dramatic impact
My Project Kits provide you with everything you need, individually packed and wrapped up in a recyclable bag ready to post to you.
If you would prefer to use your own materials, just choose the option when booking.
After receiving your booking, I will email you a complete Mary’s Cushion Pattern and a Zoom invitation a couple of days before the session.
The PDF pattern has links to my videos showing you how to work each round as well as some additional Top Tips Tutorials which you can watch in your own time and work through at your own pace.