Date(s) - 27/01/2024
10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Category: Knitting for Beginners
Beginners Knitting Course
Sat 27th Jan and Sat 10th Feb
Have you always wanted to learn to knit but not sure where to begin, or do you simply wish to develop your knitting skills?
This course taught over 2 x two hour sessions, will take you step by step through all the basic skills needed to learn how to knit.
Along with your Beginners Kit, you will have everything you need to complete your 1st knitting project~ a pair of Stripy Mitts.
- Learn how to cast on and be introduced to the two most important stitches, knit and purl and how to combine them for different stitch patterns.
- How to use 2 contrasting coloured yarns for knitting stripes.
- Begin simple pattern reading.
- Continue working on techniques from Week 1, as well as
- Looking at simple finishing techniques- including casting off, “blocking” and sewing up your work (mattress stitch seam).
Cost for 2 x two hour classes: £70 includes all materials, tea & coffee and delicious homemade cake.
Stripy Mitts Kit: 2 x 50gm ball of Aran wool & alpaca mix yarn (choice of colours), pair of wooden needles, darning needle and pattern.
I have chosen a lovely soft Aran weight yarn for this project by DROPS. All the Merino wools produced by this company come from free-range sheep. They have chosen to keep many of their wools and alpaca fibres simply washed without using chemicals before being dyed, which helps to retain their beautiful natural texture aswell as reducing environmental impact.
Of course if you would prefer to bring your own yarn and materials just choose the option when booking.
The class sizes are small (maximum 5 people) and fill up quickly!
If the class is showing fully booked please email me so I can add you to the waiting list and let you know when the next class will be taking place.
What a wonderful morning! Thank you so much.As an ex teacher I am in awe of your teaching skills.
Bookings are closed for this class.